It is the responsibility for each Captain & team members to understand & abide by the tournament rules listed below:
Angler Armory World Championship Rules:
These rules will remain in effect during the 2021 Angler Armory World Championship Tournament. Interpretation of these rules will be left exclusively to the Tournament Committee. In the event of a rule violation, the Tournament Committee may impose such sanctions as they deem appropriate, including, without limitation, disqualifications, forfeiture of prizes and prohibition from participation in subsequent Angler Armory tournaments. By competing in the World Championship all competitors agree that decisions of the Tournament Committee are final in all matters and are not subject to appeal, and are not reviewable by any court of law. The Tournament Director can make changes to the stated rules at any time. By participating in the World Championship you and your team agree to the previous statements, to sign a written legal release form, and to obey the rules stated below, or face expulsion without refund or compensation of any kind. The Angler Armory Fishing Club is a private organization that can deny an application without cause.
- The Captain listed on application is responsible for the safety and conduct of his/her anglers on tournament days.
- If there is a change to the original application regarding team members, captain or boat, the tournament must be notified in writing no later than 1 day prior to the tournament. The change/s must be approved by Tournament Committee.
- Team Name cannot be changed after the Captain’s Meeting.
- At the time of check out, only registered crew and approved auxiliary personnel ie: camera crew, observers, vets etc. are allowed on your boat from check out to check in.
- In the event an auxiliary person or persons are needed or desired to be on your boat, you are required to get approval from the tournament director at least 1 day prior to checkout and provide the name/s and purpose of the additional people.
- A Florida saltwater fishing license is required for each team member except from a boat which has a valid recreational vessel saltwater fishing license or any FL Resident 65 years or older, or anyone excluded by FL law. License not required when fishing with a charter captain. Go to www.myfwc.com to obtain current Florida fishing regulations.
- Announcements regarding weather & other important tournament information will be communicated to team captains via text messages, phone calls, emails and/or posting on the World Championship Tournament website www.anglerarmory.com
- Tournament Officials will operate on Channel 68 for check out, check in and any communications that needs to be directed from or to teams while they are participating in each event.
- Entry fees to participate in the World Championship is $1000 plus tax. In order to secure you team’s spot in the tournament, you can also chose to pay the $500 non-refundable deposit. Entry must be paid in full no later than May 20. 2021
- Entry fees for the 2021 World Championship are non-refundable
- All applications must be approved by the Tournament Committee in order to fish the 2021 World Championship. Payment is refundable in the event your application is denied. Angler Armory Fishing Club maintains the right to accept or deny any team application.
- Upon approval of your application, entry payment and/or deposit becomes non-refundable and will not be refunded in the event the team does not participate in the World Championship
- Scheduled date for the World Championship is Saturday, May 22, 2021. The Captain’s Party will be Thursday, May 20, 2021.
- In the event of inclement weather, the tournament will be postponed until Sunday, May 23, 2021. Please plan accordingly.
- The Captain’s Meeting is mandatory for competing teams. One person from each team must be present.
- Only one fish per tournament can be weighed in for the main tournament.
- The heaviest fish weighed in during a tournament wins the 1st Place award for World Championship.
- The only eligible species for the Overall Division is kingfish.
- A rolling checkout will take place. Boat #’s must be shown to a tournament official prior to checking out.
- A random number of teams will be selected for a boat inspection during check out.
- At safe light, (approximately 7am) all teams will participate in a shotgun start that will be announced by official tournament checkout boat on channel 68.
- Teams may request a late check out. The team must call the tournament director before 6am on tournament day to request a late check out. Team must show their boat # and be checked out by a tournament official before departing to fish in tournament.
- After leaving check out and proceeding to the shot gun start, boats cannot take bait from another boat or they will be disqualified.
- Bait fishing is not allowed after checkout and up until after shotgun start.
- Tournament competition limited to motorized boats only.
- All boats must carry a Coast Guard approved flotation device for each person on their vessel plus an approved EPIRB and/or PLB plus an approved fire extinguisher and all other safety devices required by the Coast Guard. Go to http://myfwc.com/boating/safety-education/equipment/ for current Coast Guard regulations.
- A team may request to use a back up boat. The change in boat must be submitted to the tournament director & approved by the committee.
- If an approved Team Boat experiences mechanical issues on their approved boat they may request to use a back up boat up until the shot gun start. If the team boat breaks down after the shot gun start they will not be allowed to fish that event. If a break down occurs the morning of the tournament but occurs prior to the shot gun start, the team may call the Tournament Director and request a boat change and a late check out.
- The Tournament Director will announce any alternate fishing dates if weather or another Act of God should affect fishing conditions.
- If a tournament has to be postponed due to inclement weather, the alternative fish date will be that Sunday following. If Sunday is unfishable due to weather, then an alternate date will be selected by the Tournament Committee and forwarded to all teams as soon as possible.
- Teams will be advised after the 4pm weather advisory on the Friday preceding the tournament if the tournament will be postponed. However, the Tournament Committee reserves the right to cancel a tournament up until check out.
- It is up to the discretion of the participating Team Captain to determine if their craft is seaworthy for the existing conditions.
- The Team Captain is solely responsible for the safety and conduct of their crew, both on and off the water.
- The captain has the choice whether or not to compete in any of the events.
- Hand held rods & reels only.
- The tournament encourages release of all fish not intended to be weighed in at tournament.
This is an open boundary tournament
- The Honor System applies throughout the tournament.
- No passing of anything between boats during the tournaments. This would result in automatic disqualification from that specific tournament event day.
- There will be no feeding and/or stuffing of any kingfish with any bait fish, fish and/or any foreign objects (ie ice, weights, etc). This will result in immediate disqualification from all future Angler Armory events.
- Any hooks, wire, rigs (terminal tackle) and/or any other foreign objects must be removed from kingfish eligible for competition.
- The tournament committee reserves the right to place a tournament representative on any team’s boat during competition for the purpose of observation.
- All fish entered into the tournaments will be inspected for all manners of cheating prior to fish being brought to the scale.
- Fish will be sliced open after the fish has been weighed to verify there are no foreign objects or stuffing of fish.
- Winning teams may be subjected to a polygraph test after tournament. Polygraph will take the morning after the tournament. Failure to submit to a polygraph test will result in disqualification of the entire team from the tournament, entry fees will not be returned and team will forfeit their winnings.
- Refunds of tournament entry fees will not be given for failure of a polygraph test. All decisions of the polygraph examiner will be final.
- If a team is found guilty of cheating by the Tournament Director and/or the tournament steering committee, they will automatically be disqualified from all future Angler Armory tournaments, contests and membership.
- All decisions made by the weigh master & tournament director are final.
- All participants in the World Championship must maintain a high level of professionalism at all times.
- Anglers are expected to be role models, and set a positive example to the recreational angling public.
- Any team who displays poor sportsmanship, violates these rules, or any Florida Fish & Wild Life Commission, state or local laws, or brings unfavorable publicity to the sport of king fishing is subject to disqualification at the tournament director’s discretion.
- Alcohol is not allowed on stage during the weigh in. A secure table will be provided for drinks before team gets to the scales.
- Fish will be weighed in at Causeway Cove Marina
- Boats must be checked in with a tournament official by VHF Radio Channel 68 no later than 5pm
- Teams MUST check in with tournament official (Channel 68) prior to coming into the weigh in dock.
- Teams that decide not to participate in weigh in must still check in with the tournament check in official to announce they have made it back in safely.
- Fish may only be brought to the scales by boat.
- Boat must be the vessel listed on tournament documents for that specific tournament day.
- Tournament officials have the right to inspect any or all boats entered into the series, after check in.
- Teams cannot touch land until their fish has been off loaded at.
- Teams may bring in their fish starting at 4pm. Teams must be checked in with the official tournament check in boat no later than 5pm.
- Tournament official will call boats into the dock one at a time to off load fish.
- Teams will bump the dock and one or more team members will disembark with their fish. Fish must be in a closed fish bag. Boat must then depart dock.
- Teams will be weighed in the order they are checked in
- Each team may weigh in one fish for judging in the main event/aggregate. If entered, teams may weigh in a separate fish for the 22lb Calcutta.
- Fish being weighed in the tournament will be inspected for all manners of cheating by a tournament official.
- Weigh in begins at 4pm
- Fish must be weighed in by a registered team member that fished on the team that day.
- No rotten or mutilated fish will be allowed to be weighed in.
- In the event of a tie, the team that checked in first with the Tournament Check In official wins. If a team failed to check in with the Tournament Check In official, they automatically lose the tie. If neither team checked in with the tournament official, the first team who checked their fish into the Armory wins. In the event of a tie in the aggregate standings, the team that registered for the World Championship first will win.
- Results are unofficial until determined by tournament director.
- All kingfish weighed in at tournament become the property of Angler Armory.
- Protests must be submitted in writing along with a $500 cash deposit to a tournament official within 10 minutes of the last fish weighed in.
- The cash deposit will be returned to the contestant submitting the protest if the protest is upheld.
If there is a dispute of any kind, the decision of the Tournament Director is final.
The tournament director reserves the right to implement his discretion at any time during the tournament as it may apply to the rules or any other circumstance that should arise during the course of the tournament series.
- Checks for the winning teams will be made out to the person on team that filled out the W9 Form
- 1099’s for all winnings over $599 will also be made out to the person listed on the check that was written for the team’s winnings.
- At least one person from each winning team must be present to receive check. If no one from team is at event for Awards Ceremony, they forfeit their winnings.
- If a team loses their check, they will be charged a fee of $35 in order for a new check to be written.
- The Lady Angler award is given to the highest winning team that has a lady angler on its team. The lady angler does not have to catch the fish but must be a registered angler on the team and must have been on board tournament day when the fish was caught.
- Youth Angler award is given to the highest winning team that has a youth angler 15 years old or younger on its team. The youth angler does not have to catch the fish but must be a registered angler on the team and must have been on board tournament day when the fish was caught.