It is the responsibility of each Angler Armory Member to understand and abide by the rules listed below:
These rules will remain in effect during the 2019 Big Fish Jackpot Contest time period. Interpretation of these rules will be left exclusively to the Contest Committee. In the event of a rule violation the Contest Committee may impose such sanctions as they deem appropriate, including, without limitation, disqualifications, forfeiture of prizes and prohibition from participation in subsequent contests. By competing in the Big Fish Jackpot, all competitors agree that decisions of the Contest Committee are final in all matters and are not subject to appeal, and are not reviewable by any court of law. The Contest Committee can make changes to the stated rules at any time. By participating in the Big Fish Jackpot Contest you agree to the previous statements, to sign a written release form and to obey the rules stated below, or face expulsion without refund or compensation of any kind.
- Entry fee is $100 per tournament. You can fish any or all of the eligible tournaments to try to get your biggest kingfish.
- Teams must sign up and pay entry no later than 12am the night before the tournament fish day.
- Teams may sign up for the tournament/s they plan on fishing on a tournament by tournament basis or chose to pay up front for all the tournaments they plan on fishing.
- Every person on the boat that are involved with catching the fish, including angling and/or gaffing, must be current Angler Armory Members.
- The eligible tournaments for this contest are:
Wild West Leg 1
East Coast Got Em On
Big Dog Fat Cat
Greater Jacksonville KMT
Wild West Leg 3
- The Captain listed on the Big Fish Jackpot Form has the ultimate rights over points earned over the course of the season. Points earned stay with the Captain in the event other team members change to a different team. If the Captain leaves team and chooses to fish with a new team, the points stay with the Captain.
- Team must obey each individual tournament’s rules and adhere to their boundaries
- Only one fish per tournament can be entered into contest
- Contestants may fish as many of the eligible tournaments as they wish. The heaviest fish weighed in during the contest wins
- The only eligible species for this contest is kingfish
- Contestants are required to turn in a copy of the weigh slip no later than 5 days after their qualifying tournament ends. Weigh slips can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or texted to 727-286-0977. A picture of the team at the scales with their fish will not be accepted.
- In the event of a tie at an individual tournament, the team that weighed in first wins.
- In the event of a tie in the overall contest, the team that registered first for the Big Fish Jackpot wins.
- The winner of the Big Fish Jackpot may be subjected to an extensive polygraph test at the conclusion of the contest. Failure to submit to a polygraph will result in disqualification. All decisions of the polygraph examiner are final.If the winner is found guilty of cheating he/she will automatically be disqualified from entered any future Angler Armory Tournament and/or contest and will receive no refund of their Angler Armory Membership fees.
- A W9 will be issued to winner of the contest (check will be made out to Captain listed on registration form)
- A check will be written to the winner at the conclusion of the contest after the W9 is received along with a team picture with banner check (if applicable)